Wednesday, April 6th, 2015 – Wednesday, June 1st, 2015
6:30 – 9:30pm (each session)
Click Here to Reserve Your Spot
Curious as to how web applications like Twitter and AirBnB are built or interested in jump starting your career as a developer? Learn web development with Ruby on Rails over the course of 8 weeks.
Ruby on Rails is a powerful framework written in the programming language Ruby. The framework is used by companies like Hulu, Shopify, Disney and many more. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced developer interested in learning more about Ruby and Ruby on Rails this is the perfect course for you.
This course will meet every Monday starting on April 6th and ending on June 1st from 6:30 to 9:30pm. (Class will not be held on May 25th due the Memorial Day holiday weekend)
What You’ll Learn
• Ruby syntax and key programming concepts needed for Rails development
• How to use Ruby gems to add more power to your web application
• The role of the Rails Model, View, Controller and Routing
• REST architecture and common best practices
• Twitter Bootstrap integration into your Rails app
• The basics of databases and migrations to alter tables
• Active Record to create powerful SQL queries
• Version control with Git and Github
• How to use a text editor and the command line
• How to deploy web applications to Heroku
Who this course is for
Beginners or experienced developers interested in learning more about Ruby on Rails.
- A laptop computer
- Sublime Text 2
- Knowledge of basic HTML, CSS and Ruby is helpful but not required
About the Instructor
He has taught at several web development schools in New York City including General Assembly and Startup Institute. For fun Jamal likes to write and backtest simple Bitcoin algorithmic trading strategies in Python, attend hackathons and continue teaching himself (and others) how to code. In his spare spare time (whenever that is) he likes to read, blog, shoot street photography and make documentary films.
Refund Policy: All refunds must be requested 7 days before the event