Monday, August 4 + August 11 + August 18 + August 25, 2014
7:00pm – 9:00pm (each session)
Interested in learning how to build websites? This workshop is geared toward beginners and will cover the basic building blocks of web development with HTML and CSS.
What You'll Learn:
• How to use a text editor to build a web page.
• Use Chrome Inspector to debug and to aid in developing your website.
• Version control using Git and Github.
• HTML & CSS Fundamentals and Best Practices.
• How to Work with Typography
• Adding Images, Links and Backgrounds
• Building Page Layouts and Positioning
• Creating Lists, Forms and Tables
This course will run for 4 consecutive Mondays starting on 8/4 and we'll be meeting from 7-9pm each night.
• Laptop Computer
• Install Sublime Text on your machine
Instructor: Jamal O'Garro
He has taught all additional topics at several web development schools in New York City. For fun Jamal likes to write and backtest simple algo trading strategies in Python, attend hackathons and continue teaching himself (and others) how to code. In his spare spare time (whenever that is) he likes to read, blog, shoot street photography and make documentary films.
Refund Policy: All refunds must be requested 7 days before the event.