Wednesday, October 22 + October 29 + November 5 + November 12, 2014
7:30pm – 9:30pm (each session)
Are you an aspiring developer looking to jumpstart your career? Are you curious as to how web applications like Twitter and Airbnb are built? Code Crew is happy to announce a 4 week introductory course teaching the basics of full-stack web development with Ruby on Rails.
What you’ll learn:
• Ruby syntax and key programming concepts needed for Rails development
• How to use Ruby gems to add more power to your web application
• The role of the Rails Model, View, Controller and Routing
• REST architecture and common best practices
• Twitter Bootstrap integration into your Rails app
• The basics of databases and migrations to alter tables
• Active Record to create powerful SQL queries
• Version control with Git and Github
• How to use a text editor and the command line
• How to deploy a web application to Heroku
This course will run for 4 consecutive Wednesdays starting on 10/22 and we'll be meeting from 7:30-9:30pm each night.
• Laptop Computer
• Install Sublime Text on your machine
• Download Google Chrome
Instructor: Jamal O'Garro
He has taught all additional topics at several web development schools in New York City. For fun Jamal likes to write and backtest simple algo trading strategies in Python, attend hackathons and continue teaching himself (and others) how to code. In his spare spare time (whenever that is) he likes to read, blog, shoot street photography and make documentary films.
Refund Policy: All refunds must be requested 7 days before the event.