Saturday, December 6 + December 7, 2014
10:00am – 4:00pm (each session)
Are you interested in learning how to program? Curious about Python or why companies like Dropbox and YouTube use the popular programming language?
Well this intensive weekend course will introduce students to core programming concepts with the Python language, and showcase how even basic knowledge of Python can boost productivity in your day job or kickstart a career in web development.
What You'll Learn:
• Learn the syntax, philosophy, and core concepts of the Python programming language such as variables, conditionals, loops, functions, and objects.
• Learn the procedural and object oriented features of Python.
• Learn different tools and libraries in Python to start building applications.
• Use the interactive console in the terminal to try out Python.
• Use tools that help with development such as Git for version control and Sublime Text 2/3 for developing applications.
• Complete various small coding exercises to gain hands-on experience with Python.
This is a workshop that builds a foundation to learning Python development in depth and to build applications. The session will run from 10am to 4pm on both December 6th and 7th.
Instructor: William Chan
Refund Policy: All refunds must be requested 7 days before the event